Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses 10oz Bag
Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
10 ounce bag
Approximately 63 kisses
Hershey's Kisses are your favorite little chocolates, dressed to impress in their little silver foil wrappers! With their signature, flat bottomed shape, and the little flag that pokes out of the top, they have been everyone's favorite kiss for years!
The Candy Cane Kisses taste AMAZING! They are made with white chocolate, but they have little bits of crunchy peppermint candy canes in the middle! They are extremely refreshing, and extremely hard to stop eating. Check out the recipes at the bottom for some other creative ways to enjoy the Candy Cane Kisses.
They are perfect for weddings, birthday's, office bowls, but wherever you put them, they will be eaten! These are only going to be out for a limited time because they do not like the summer. Stock up while you can!
If you have any questions, about them, please ask!
Questions like these?
Why do Hershey's Kisses have the little flag on them?
Hershey's website didn't have an answer, so we found one on Wikipedia.
Wikipedia says that it's a brand thing. It was to show the purchaser/consumer that the chocolate was genuine Hershey's chocolate.
See the quote below.
"The candies were originally wrapped by hand. Automated wrapping began in 1921. The same automatic wrapping process allowed for the insertion of the distinctive paper "plume," that the company used to guarantee that consumers were getting the genuine Hershey product, rather than an imitation. This thin paper strip was registered as a company trademark in 1924."
What Wikipedia calls the "plume," Hershey's calls the "flag" or "plume."
BTW, did you know that the streetlights in Hershey, Pennsylvania, the home of Hershey Chocolate, are shaped like Hershey 's Kisses? Some are brown, like the Kiss itself, and some are silver, like the wrapped Kiss. The wrapped ones even have the flag.
Also, Kisses have been around since 1907, so you're not the only one who loves them. :)
Here are some more ideas and recipies...in case you had trouble finding excuses to eat them...
Sprinkle a handful of Holiday Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies in a container of holiday cookies for a thoughtful gift.
Melt a few Holiday Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies into a cup of hot cocoa for a minty-sweet treat!
Fill trifle dishes or Mason jars with Holiday Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies, to create an edible table display!
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
- 48 Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar, or powdered sugar